The Historical Society welcomes all researchers to our Museum at any level of research.
If the research is extensive we ask that an appointment is arranged prior to arrival so an area can be made available for viewing records with the assistance of a staff member.
Within the guide lines of our Collection Policy we ask that researchers wear cotton gloves to eliminate damage while viewing aged documents or objects.
Commemorative Sites of Katherine NT
What can I bring?
- Lap tops and note taking are welcomed
- We can scan and photocopy on request
- We can advise on research tips
- We don’t provide stationary for your research
Use of Collections
- A staff member will assist and brief researcher of what is available
- Collections will be viewed within the guide lines of our policy on care of Collections
- We can assist with audio visual collections eg: oral histories and documentary’s
- We do not loan books or collections
- The Museum has a large collection of historical books for references and if prior arrangements are made for certain topics we can have the relevant books available for viewing the on the day
- We ask that no food or soft drinks are with you at this time. We have rest areas available for refreshments and a tearoom
- If extensive research is require by a staff member fees apply
- Printing of photographs fees apply
- Printing and photocopying and laminating fees apply
We will ask that an application form be filled out for permission to publish from our collections.
- Copyright agreements apply to photographs and citations.
- Photographs acknowledgments:
Katherine Historical Society
- Information or Citations acknowledgements
State the name of the collection or document
Katherine Historical Society.